Dar Si Hmad for Development, Education and Culture is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 2010 promoting local culture and sustainable initiatives through education and the integration of scientific ingenuity in Southwest Morocco. We operate North Africa's largest fog harvesting project, providing villages with access to potable water. Our Water School and Girls' E-Learning Programs build capacity in the Anti-Atlas Mountains. Through our Ethnographic Field School, researchers and students engage with local communities in Agadir, Sidi Ifni, and the rural Aït Baamrane region for meaningful cross-cultural exchange.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Unsung Heroes Post 5: Dandara!

Interview With Dandara
Dandara is staff member Soufian Aaraīchi’s daughter and Dar
Si Hmad’s favorite furry friend. She is a crucial member of the Dar Si Hmad
team and provides endless emotional support with her cuddles and
playful spirit.


What is your name and how old are you?
My name is Dandara and I am 4 months old.

Favorite nap spot.
The perrrr-fect spot to take naps is in the printer in the sunroom. It gets so
warm and cozy in there, and it’s just a great spot to snuggle up and sleep.

Favorite hiding places.
Oh I have so many! I love to hide in the printer in the sunroom, the box in
Abdallah’s closet, inside people’s bags and the cabinets. I have a couple
more, but I need to keep those secret.

Favorite day of week
My favorite day of the week is definitely Friday because we usually
order couscous and I always get some chicken or meat from the leftovers.
It’s so delicious. I jump up on Soufian’s or Maisie’s lap and they usually give
me more. Afterwards, I go take a nap in the sunroom.  

Favorite snack
I love leftover chicken tagine! Whenever I smell it in the office, I go running
to the kitchen and ask very nicely for someone to share with me. Sometimes
they don’t give it to me right away, but I make sure to let them know how much I want it.

Role at DSH/ why your role is important
My job at Dar Si Hmad is to make people smile. Everyone works so hard and
sometimes things get hectic and stressful. When that happens, I do my best to
be extra cute and playful to see my friends smile again. I will also occasionally
let people hold and snuggle with me to make them feel even better. They also like
it when I get extra crazy and knock over the trash cans or play with stuff on their desks.





Favorite things to do.
I love to play with candy wrappers that I find in the trash. They’re so fun to
chase around the hallways. I also love sleeping in Maisie’s purse or napping
on Soufian’s arm while he’s working on his computer. Eating chicken is one
of my favorite things ever! Sometimes birds will fly into the kitchen from outside
and I will practice hunting them, but they usually get away.















No comments:

Post a Comment