Dar Si Hmad for Development, Education and Culture is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 2010 promoting local culture and sustainable initiatives through education and the integration of scientific ingenuity in Southwest Morocco. We operate North Africa's largest fog harvesting project, providing villages with access to potable water. Our Water School and Girls' E-Learning Programs build capacity in the Anti-Atlas Mountains. Through our Ethnographic Field School, researchers and students engage with local communities in Agadir, Sidi Ifni, and the rural Aït Baamrane region for meaningful cross-cultural exchange.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

RISE Profile: Fatima-Zahra Finti

Ibn Zohr English Studies major Fatima-Zahra Finti was born in Agadir twenty-four years ago. She's one of RISE's aspiring journalists.



"I participated in an intensive journalism workshop with GlobalGirl Media to learn more about how to interview people and share their stories. I realized that I love journalism, but I am facing a big dilemma because it it is very hard to pursue this profession in Morocco. I’m hoping to work at a human rights NGO that deals specifically with the refugee crisis, which will allow me to use my interest in journalism to put a face on the refugee situation. By giving refugees a voice, maybe I can help make a change. 
By giving refugees a voice, maybe I can help make a change. 
"My favorite thing about RISE has been figuring out how to reinvent myself and create my future. RISE has helped me strengthen my leadership and communication skills as well as get to know new faces and hear the perspectives of others. I love meeting people from different backgrounds who think differently than I do."


To meet other RISE participants and hear about their work building personal and professional capacities, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram and like our page on Facebook  

No comments:

Post a Comment